• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Downfalls of free Hosting

Advertise Here

You have a website and you need a way to get it online? But you don't want to pay for a host?

So you decide to go the free host route. To be honest you just made a bad choice.

Why's that you ask?

Well first of all hosting is so cheap now a days. It's less than a cup of star bucks coffee a day. So why would you not shell out the $4.00 or so per month to get a quality host for your site?

Downtime/overcrowded servers
When you put your website on a free hosts server. Your probably likely hosted alongside of 4,000 to 5,000 other websites or even more.

You can be sure that the host doesn't really care if your site is down because hey, your not paying them a dime to host your site.

Customer Support
Remember how I mentioned the downtime of your site above? Well now that your site is down, your ready to contact customer support? Well I have news for you.

Customer support at a free host is probably non existent. So you probably have no one to actually contact. And if you do, you'll probably wait days or weeks for a reply.

Pop Up Ads.

A lot of free hosts out there use popup ads on your website. Which will drive your visitors away.

Too long? Didn't read?
Stay away from free hosts and get a paid quality host. It will be well worth the $4.00 or so a month spent.
Need Free Image Hosting? Visit My new Photo Hosting and sharing website.
MyPhotoHosting.com
Free Photo and Image Hosting Website

AnswerPail.com
New Fast Growing Questions & Answer Website Topics on virtually anything.

Great info. I too always recommend anyone serious about there website to stay away from free hosting and go with a quality paid host.

I had terrible experience when I hosted with 000webhost.com so never again will I use a free host.

Jungo
I would never use a free host. Like the saying, you get what you pay for. And it's so true. Hosting is so cheap, about the cost of a cup of coffee a month.

Anyone serious about their site, go for a quality paid host.
Free hosts are only good for getting your feet wet in the web hosting world. If your serious about your site. Then I recommend a paid host.
Absolutely right! I picked a free hosting service for my website and now regreting why did choose that, because they are showing Adult ads even I contacted the support team. But didn't got any replies yet.
If your hosting a website for business or to make money in any sort of way I suggest to never use a free host.

My thoughts are that every minute of downtime, or lack of support, or slow servers will be costing me money over the long run so shelling out $3.00 - $10.00 a month to a better host with better uptime and support should be a no brainier.

Now if your just using it for a personal blog or testing then sure free hosting may be the right ticket for you. But always keep current backups of your data because you never know if or when a host will fail.

I have seen tons of threads with people screaming about X hosts is no longer up and I can't get my website... I lost years worth of work..... So take my advice... Take regular backups even if your web host "says" they take backups.
JAXVPS Web Hosting Solutions - http://www.jaxvps.com
Offering Premium SSD Shared, Reseller, and VPS Hosting Since 2010
VPS servers available in both Jacksonville and Chicago locations
Free hosting is kind of like "training wheels" in a sense for someone who is new to setting up a website. In time, they will want more options and less hassle of downtime and restrictions on the free plan they have somewhere.
Throttle Hosting - Low Cost Premium Hosting
http://www.throttlehosting.net
(06-08-2014, 02:35 AM)sanusense Wrote: Absolutely right! I picked a free hosting service for my website and now regreting why did choose that, because they are showing Adult ads even I contacted the support team. But didn't got any replies yet.

I run a webhosting company, we offer free hosting but no adult nonsense of any kind.
Throttle Hosting - Low Cost Premium Hosting
http://www.throttlehosting.net
I agree, free hosts are a dead end road with all your hard work going out the window.
(08-26-2014, 06:16 AM)casius Wrote: I agree, free hosts are a dead end road with all your hard work going out the window.

Yes, well said....so only I opted for a low cost host service for my business website from http://www.9cubehosting.com/ were they offer domain name and hosting at low cost along with economical freebies.
Advertise Here

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the best free hosting plan for small blog? sansastark 0 777 07-14-2016, 11:01 PM
Last Post: sansastark
  Free Web Hosting victor 25 3,056 07-02-2016, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Daniel Park
Thumbs Up Free Hosting features RH-Calvin 7 2,680 07-01-2016, 04:19 AM
Last Post: Daniel Park

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon