SEMrush
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What causes dsl filters to go bad

Advertise Here

I just had to replace a dsl filter this morning that was only about a year old.

I thought this should be too soon for one to go bad?

Shouldn't a dsl filter last longer than a year?
I've had some last only a year as well. And some I've had for 5 years that still work fine.

Lightning strikes and surges can causes them to go bad or even just the capacitor in them failing.

I even had one fail because I found some tiny ants inside that shorted it out. lol

When they go bad on me I salvage the copper out of them. It's not much copper but if you have lots of them the copper adds up to some money.

That's why if I see them in a dumpster I get them out. I've found many of them thrown away.

It took a lot of scrap filters but I managed to salvage $200.00 worth of scrap copper out of some old filters.
AnswerPail.com
Questions & Answer Website Ask or answer questions on any topic.

If you want to ensure good quality , 1 year change 1 times nor early .
(02-04-2015, 12:35 AM)chad Wrote: I've had some last only a year as well. And some I've had for 5 years that still work fine.

Lightning strikes and surges can causes them to go bad or even just the capacitor in them failing.

I even had one fail because I found some tiny ants inside that shorted it out. lol

When they go bad on me I salvage the copper out of them. It's not much copper but if you have lots of them the copper adds up to some money.

That's why if I see them in a dumpster I get them out. I've found many of them thrown away.

It took a lot of scrap filters but I managed to salvage $200.00 worth of scrap copper out of some old filters.

awesome, $200.00 worth of scrap copper out of some old filters, Smile)
(11-18-2015, 09:52 PM)Attie Wrote: If you want to ensure good quality , 1 year change 1 times nor early .

Ya me the same! Just to make sure it's in good condition all the time!
(05-17-2016, 07:33 AM)pahichu Wrote:
(02-04-2015, 12:35 AM)chad Wrote: I've had some last only a year as well. And some I've had for 5 years that still work fine.

awesome, $200.00 worth of scrap copper out of some old filters, Smile)

Yeah. That was when copper was in the almost $3.00 a pound range. 

Now it's only $1.43 lb but I still save them, money is money. 

I also pull old extension cords and anything else with copper out of the dumpster around here. 

Those cords and other things that have copper in them do add up to money. 

Electric fans, Vacuum cleaners, old window air conditioners. 

People throw out a lot of stuff that contains copper. 

I pull it out and cash it in at the scrap metal recycling yard. 

I have around $100.00 in copper in a few 5 gallon buckets that I'm gonna cash in sometime this month. 

Would be $200.00 if the price was up. But $100.00 is better than nothing and it was all free for me. 

I don't see it going up anytime soon. 

Took in Almost $57.00 worth of scrap aluminum, and some old air conditioner radiators for $40.00

This was aluminum and air conditioners I pulled out of the trash dumpster. 

I try my best to recycle anything I can and if I get money for it that makes it that much better.
AnswerPail.com
Questions & Answer Website Ask or answer questions on any topic.

tks for your post
[Image: onebanner3.gif]
You're definitely not syncing up at 10M. You should sync up around 12475 for 10M. I would guess their is something wrong. You could try and test at the NID/Demarc, but if you are unable to, then you would need to call in and have a tech test.
If you have maintenance, call it in. If not, you will need to make sure their is no problems on your side of the NID. Most of the time around here, you can buy maint after the tech test. Don't know if that is possible in your area.

Also, CTLJoey on here can check your provisioning.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon