• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the best video Hosting Script/Youtube Clone?

Advertise Here

I'm looking to start a video sharing site. And have been trying to decide on video sharing software/scripts.

I've looked at clipbucket and phpmotion so far.

What do you think of those two scripts?

Which one would you go for? If you know of any other scripts out there, post them here.
I'd go with clipbucket. I've used it for a video sharing site before. Keep in mind though that it's gonna cost some good amount of money to host a video site.

They use a lot of ram. disk space and bandwidth. I had to shut mine down because I couldn't afford 2 dedicated servers at the time.

I had it on shared hosting as I wasn't expecting it to grow so fast, but it did. Got 500 unique visitors a day within 2 weeks of being online.

Chad
Need Free Image Hosting? Visit My new Photo Hosting and sharing website.
MyPhotoHosting.com
Free Photo and Image Hosting Website

AnswerPail.com
New Fast Growing Questions & Answer Website Topics on virtually anything.

Another vote for clip bucket. They also did have a paid template that would match up with youtube's design.
Sorry but I don't know about both scripts but my suggestion is if readymade script gives you robust, scalable, user and search engine friendly, SEO friendly, responsive and unique design, taking less time to load, 100% copyright and ownership of design, images and database then purchase it otherwise custom development solution is best option to get lifetime sustainable profitable business. I have checked good reviews of NCrypted Technologies to get customized Youtube Clone. I know very well that custom development solution is more expensive but think about future and one more thing is that yet I haven't seen that any big clone players are using readymade scripts.
(04-23-2013, 04:05 AM)nepstermartin Wrote: Sorry but I don't know about both scripts but my suggestion is if readymade script gives you robust, scalable, user and search engine friendly, SEO friendly, responsive and unique design, taking less time to load, 100% copyright and ownership of design, images and database then purchase it otherwise custom development solution is best option to get lifetime sustainable profitable business. I have checked good reviews of NCrypted Technologies to get customized Youtube Clone. I know very well that custom development solution is more expensive but think about future and one more thing is that yet I haven't seen that any big clone players are using readymade scripts.

Agreed. Custom is a great way to go if you have the money laying around or can code it yourself. It'd be the best solution.

In fact I was planning on getting a script custom coded once my site took off and started raking in that dough.

Too bad it took off faster than I could keep up.

That success of the site was both a good and bad thing at the same time.

It was good it was getting all those visitors and the site was getting popular.

But it was bad as It grew way too fast and couldn't cope on the shared server or even a vps server until I could get the cash for some dedicated servers.

Chad
Need Free Image Hosting? Visit My new Photo Hosting and sharing website.
MyPhotoHosting.com
Free Photo and Image Hosting Website

AnswerPail.com
New Fast Growing Questions & Answer Website Topics on virtually anything.

I choose ClipBucket after testing AVS (ClipShare), PHP Motion and ClipBucket. ClipBucket is the only opensource and there are regular updates, I have read on the forums about the new version releasing in May (2016). They have cut the prices of their products and introduced new premium Packages which makes it very affordable. AVS and ClipShare are the same script now and they are the second best, They have good plugins and support but ClipBucket have a lot more to offer in premium plugins.
I choose ClipBucket too
i use ClipBucket
IGLOO Reloaded Reviews
Click to see now !!
i also use ClipBucket
(12-16-2016, 10:05 PM)marcko Wrote: tôi cũng sử dụng ClipBucket

Me too
Advertise Here
[Image: onebanner3.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what is clone? David Ho 10 791 Today, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Ziya Pathan
  Need a good ebay clone auction site script bigbear 10 15,033 11-09-2016, 08:17 AM
Last Post: andrea992
  X-Ranker 360 Review - Push Your Video To The Top Of Google andrea992 0 91 10-30-2016, 12:29 AM
Last Post: andrea992
Video Best Video Sharing Script? Bruce Jacobs 5 399 10-25-2016, 10:52 AM
Last Post: thgk111
  Best product Video Danbou 22 2,105 10-23-2016, 08:12 AM
Last Post: bluesky94
  best video creation software today? Nathan C. Wooten 10 941 10-18-2016, 11:46 PM
Last Post: D Luffy
  Video Enigma - Change your video to 3D bluesky94 13 1,332 10-18-2016, 11:42 PM
Last Post: D Luffy
  softbizscripts.com AD Serving Rota-tor Script Review chad 0 217 06-17-2016, 04:56 PM
Last Post: chad
  FB Video Ads - Which choose for you? StarWeb 5 1,042 06-06-2016, 09:21 PM
Last Post: andyrod
  Clone script directory! nepstermartin 0 236 04-30-2016, 07:39 AM
Last Post: nepstermartin

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon