• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is 40% bounce rate bad?
As everyone here in this post say it is not bad to have 40% bounce rate, then it means it is really not bad. But to decrease it more we must found ways which pages have been non interesting to the users. And make a strategy to reduce such things which diverts them. I found Google Analytic is very effective in research process.
It's perfectly fine. Anything less than 50% is considered as a very good bounce rate. It indicates that you are holding the visitors that are coming to the site for quite a while.
Hotels Siddhartha Inn - Hotels in Nagpur
Can you see how long are visitors staying on your page? If it's under 5 seconds, then it's a real bounce rate, but if it's not, maybe they just found an information they needed and left (for example, contact info).
Good – 26% – 40% – 20% of sites that we measure fall within this range. If your bounce rate is in this range you are doing very well. There are still improvements that can be made though so keep measuring!
Bounce rate should be near about 40%. It is also depend on analytics how it counts bounce rate because in GA this section shows high digits which is nearly 70% to 80% but if you used another analytics for same website like Gostats then I found that it shows genuine data related to bounce rate.
my sites bounce rate at 46%, It is ok! dont worry!
Not bad.dont worry!
(03-23-2016, 10:55 PM)Danbou Wrote: Not bad.dont worry!

Yes! I also think like you
Yes, i think so that its pretty good and these type of traffics are not organic. May be your competitors check your website or traffics from non relative area. You are doing good and you should try more to make it more lower than current.
(08-04-2013, 12:51 AM)wakoya Wrote: I checked my sites bounce rate and it's at 40%.

Is this a bad bounce rate or is it okay?

That's still better than webhostingtalks current bounce rate. 

According to http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/webhostingtalk.com There bounce rate is 68.10% that's a pretty high bounce rate. 

That site used to be bursting with activity. But not so much anymore.
AnswerPail.com
Questions & Answer Website Ask or answer questions on any topic.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon