• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SSL Encryption For Forums?
I see a few of the forums I go to are now encrypted with ssl and have an ssl certificate installed.

I run a forum myself and was wondering, what is the reason forums are using ssl certificates, and do I really need to run my forum via ssl, and get an ssl certificate?
I believe they started using the ssl encryption because forums do have sensitive info entered into them. Such as the registration form and login form. You enter, username, passwords etc.

I've been thinking of encrypting this forum too. But it's not a requirement and isn't as necessary as it is on a company website to have ssl encryption and a certificate.

Chad
AnswerPail.com
Questions & Answer Website Ask or answer questions on any topic.

Webmasterbabble.com Blog
Webmasterbabbles webmaster Blog About How To Make Money Web Hosting and Much more.

Yeah. They started using ssl for security of your passwords and usernames. It's not an absolute necessity to have SSL on your forum. But since you can get an ssl certificate for around $9.00 a year. It's definitely worth it for peace of mind.
AES CBC mode requires the input to be block aligned. Generally the ... When putting my encryption and decryption code in a thread, including a copy of the code from the forum post you directed me to, it seems to not work.
Update on this.

As of now I would certainly recommend you use SSL on your forum or any other website including blogs as Google provides a slight ranking boost to those using SSL on their websites.

So you can also benefit from having an SSL certificate installed on your forum or other website.
AnswerPail.com
Questions & Answer Website Ask or answer questions on any topic.

Webmasterbabble.com Blog
Webmasterbabbles webmaster Blog About How To Make Money Web Hosting and Much more.

SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer and, in short, it's the standard technology for keeping an internet connection secure and safeguarding any sensitive data that is being sent between two systems, preventing criminals from reading and modifying any information transferred, including potential personal details.

new office it setup in lahore
antivirus and internet securities in lahore
data storage and clouds in lahore
Access Control Devices in Lahore
Mobile repairs in Lahore
laptop repairs in Lahore

Supplemental Insurance Covers Lahore
Supplemental Policy Covers Lahore
State Life Education Plan Lahore
Child Marriage Insurance Plan Lahore
Child Education Plan Lahore
Endowment Plans Lahore
Endowment Insurance Lahore
Endowment Insurance Policy Lahore
Statelife Office Lahore
Insurance Company in Lahore
SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer and, in short, it's the standard technology for keeping an internet connection secure and safeguarding any sensitive data that is being sent between two systems, preventing criminals from reading and modifying any information transferred, including potential personal details.

Designer Furniture in Pakistan
Luxury Furniture Pakistan
Interior design pakistan
Sculptures and Décor in Pakistan
Latest lamp Designs in Pakistan
Designer Bed Pakistan
Best Interior Designer in Pakistan

Solar Panel Suppliers Harare
Solar Panel Distributors Harare
Solar Panel Solutions Harare
Solar Panel Providers Harare
Solar Panel Suppliers in Zimbabwe
The CA/Browser Forum started in 2005 as a major aspect of an exertion among accreditation clients about the sites they visit by utilizing the capacities of SSL/TLS endorsements. .
Changing over YOUR FORUM TO HTTPS Applies to self-facilitated forms ... the most effective method to change over your vBulletin gathering to utilize secure https (SSL) rather ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Small Business Community Forums lolipop 11 458 11-16-2019, 08:10 AM
Last Post: abdulbasitnaseer
  How to buy IP board forums? solanzz 11 5,179 10-29-2019, 03:30 AM
Last Post: Sonybee
  Managing Forums ? muslimblackmagicas 9 394 10-29-2019, 03:27 AM
Last Post: Sonybee
  Do you think Vbulletin.com will update there official forums to Vbulletin 5? randal 10 6,173 09-21-2019, 02:14 AM
Last Post: emmablow
  How Much Money Do Forums Earn A Month? aspiringwebmaster 32 10,312 05-07-2019, 01:09 AM
Last Post: adamwayne3

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon