• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I use shared hosting to store photos from my pc?
Can I use shared hosting to store photos from my pc?

Is it possible to use a shared hosting account to store photos from my computer as a backup?
Choose a host who understands your specific needs, and who can sit down with you and talk about what your needs are, and how that host can accommodate for those needs.

I can recommend you to contact Centohost.com team and they will offer you a nice hosting solution for your needs.
I have found them to be the best host for support, advice, and pricing out of several hosts I have ever seen before.
I once asked hostgator if I could temporarily backup about 2 GB of photos to their shared hosting where I was hosting a website on and then I would delete them after moving them over to my new computer and they said it was fine to temporarily hold them their but they needed to be removed within a few days.

But now we have Google Drive where you can backup and store some photos and files for free so there's no need to use a shared hosting account for photo or file backup.

Google drive works great and there's other free file and photo backup services on the internet made specifically for what you want to do.
You can use the computer to store information. You can use the Google Drive app to store your data.
Wish you success and health!
Mr. Quan Ha
403  FukiStore - Smartphone Accessories Shop!!!
Heart  Thanks & Best Regard!
If you have an old computer laying around your house you could set it up with a server operating system and then use FTP to transfer the files and photos from your computer to the home server and then transfer them back to your new computer once you're ready.

It would also be a good backup at home for your photos and files.

Or like others have said look online for a file backup service or even use Google Drive to store your photos with.
AnswerPail.com
Questions & Answer Website Ask or answer questions on any topic.

Webmasterbabble.com Blog
Webmasterbabbles webmaster Blog About How To Make Money Web Hosting and Much more.

We've compared six of the best cloud storage websites; three aimed at photographers and three suited to general storage.
Dropbox. The best way to store multiple file formats. ...
Google Drive. ...
Microsoft OneDrive. ...
Flickr. ...
Adobe Creative Cloud. ...
Canon Irista. ...
5 things to look for in cloud storage for photos.
(09-14-2018, 08:36 PM)lanccer Wrote: Can I use shared hosting to store photos from my pc?

Is it possible to use a shared hosting account to store photos from my computer as a backup?

Yes, you can use shared hosting for store your photos but Web hosting is more than store files, images or videos. For store images, you can use Google Drive or Dropbox like services.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best web hosting provider in Netherlands? Nickelsons 4 16,287 11-16-2018, 02:20 AM
Last Post: Nickelsons
  Cheap Wordpress hosting Kiosk 7 23,623 11-15-2018, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Vantra
  Shared hosting accounts in US? Altrope 6 34,500 11-02-2018, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Kiosk
  What is shared hosting? adamwayne3 3 19,801 10-29-2018, 07:10 AM
Last Post: RH-Calvin
  Web hosting in Singapore + domain registration? Altrope 4 34,763 10-03-2018, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Seentech
  Is cloud hosting much faster than shared hosting? Chaya 3 47,879 09-25-2018, 11:14 PM
Last Post: RH-Calvin
  Awesome Web Hosting Advice To Get You Started - Prewebhost.com! SandraNicol 3 122,952 09-25-2018, 06:02 AM
Last Post: adamwayne3
  Best deal on Hostgator hosting davidjeams 3 46,976 09-25-2018, 05:24 AM
  Good e-commerce hosting accounts? Seentech 4 50,601 09-25-2018, 05:14 AM
  reliable hosting provider? Nickelsons 7 54,546 09-25-2018, 05:11 AM

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon