• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug Report: Email box on registration page has a character limit?
I noticed when I went to register a little while ago on this forum, that on the registration page where you enter your email address it won't allow me to type in long email addresses.

It seems to have a character limit. Which isn't very good at all.

Some people have longer email addresses than others.

I had to sign up for a shorter email address so I could register with this forum.

I didn't mind doing that. But thought I'd point that problem out to the admins/mods/developers etc of this forum so they can look into and hopefully fix it.

Oliver
That's weird. I have a long email address and was able to enter it just fine. It must be a recent thing.

Let me see if It happens to me as well.

I tried it and it's indeed happening to me as well.
I just tried it myself too and I got the problem as well. I'll look into the coding and see if it's something in there causing it. If I can't find it then I'll look into another theme.

Like Oliver said it's not good as it makes it hard for people to register for the forum.

Chad
AnswerPail.com
Questions & Answer Website Ask or answer questions on any topic.

Webmasterbabble.com Blog
Webmasterbabbles webmaster Blog About How To Make Money Web Hosting and Much more.

Hope you can get it fixed soon.

By the way. WOW, fast response there. Smile

Dylan
(06-18-2013, 08:55 PM)Dylan215 Wrote: By the way. WOW, fast response there. Smile
lol Thank you. It's the fastest I've responded to anything on this forum since my web hosting business has kept me busy.

By the way. I found the problem and fixed it.

Turns out there was a character limit on the email box. I remember now fixing it once but also remembered that I re uploaded this theme so it got reverted.

That's why you were able to register before with a longer email address.

I can't understand why in h e double hockey sticks someone would put a limit on an email input box. And a 25 character limit? Come on, people have longer email addresses than that.

Chad
AnswerPail.com

Webmasterbabble.com Blog
Webmasterbabbles webmaster Blog About How To Make Money Web Hosting and Much more.

Thanks Chad.

I can confirm on my end that the email box now lets me enter longer email addresses.
(06-18-2013, 10:02 PM)Dylan215 Wrote: Thanks Chad.

I can confirm on my end that the email box now lets me enter longer email addresses.

It's fixed for me as well. Thanks for fixing it so fast.

Oliver
Good to hear it's working for you all now.

Chad
AnswerPail.com

Webmasterbabble.com Blog

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion: Company wide Office 365 email signature Andrewpaul234 0 14 06-17-2019, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Andrewpaul234
  Office 365 Email Signature tool Andrewpaul234 1 38 06-14-2019, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Moragenbell
Photo Email signature for company branding Andrewpaul234 0 54 05-15-2019, 02:20 AM
Last Post: Andrewpaul234

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon